Thursday, October 25, 2012

Holidays and British Actors

Have you ever noticed how in every single British t.v. show or movie, you always see the same actors?  It's kind of comical to me.  Maybe it's just because they are a small country and so they only have so many really amazing actors and actresses, and they get all the good jobs.  Don't get me wrong, anyone who knows me knows that I'm obsessed with all things British, and because these actors and actresses are British, I love every single one of them.  I guess to me it's just kind of...cute.

I can't believe the holidays are coming up so fast!  Why do we say that every year?  I mean, I literally say that every single year, and so do you.  Halloween this year will be not fun to me, my mom is having surgery that morning, and then I have to work!  Bummer.  I was totally looking forward to handing out candy.

Yesterday I went to the plasma place in Jonesboro to donate plasma.  Why you ask?  Because they pay you!  Ha!  I got a coupon in the mail saying if I brought it in, for my first four times donating I would get an extra ten dollars on top of what they normally pay.  So my broke butt went straight there after getting fitted for my cap and gown.  First of all, I was there for about four hours.  Wasn't expecting that.  I got there at a bad time-when all the nurses were at lunch, so I had to wait for that.  I had a lot of stuff to read and fill out and blah blah blah.  I finally get back there, and guess what?  My blood is too thick, it keeps clotting in the tube thingy sticking out of my arm.  So, they stick my other arm, and guess what?  My blood is too thick and keeps clotting in the tube thingy sticking out of my arm.  They said they could strip me, which would take a while (still don't know what that means) or they could just let me go.  I explained to the girl that I was ready to go, since I had been there four hours, I would really like to get my thirty bucks.  She made it happen and I went on my way.  She said next time I go back I should drink plenty of water the day before and day of, and maybe even take a couple of aspirin before I come.  If it happens again, it's just not meant to be.  Well, It better happen because I'm going back tomorrow, I want some money!

Is it wrong that I'm doing that for money?  I should probably be doing it out of the goodness of my heart, but it's not free money.  It really hurts getting those huge needles stuck in your arm, if only for a second.  And it isn't much fun to have to wait all that time.  It totally reminds me of the health department.  Basically I'm trying to convince you that I worked for that thirty bucks.

Confession time:  I don't know why, but it always works out that I ever have money at Christmas time.  For the last eight years, I have normally worked part time and went to school.  I haven't gone to school every semester full time, sometimes I went part time, some semesters I didn't go at all.  But it just so happens that at Christmas time, I'm broke.  I hate it!  I want so badly to get everyone I know a gift for Christmas because that's just the kind of gal I am.  And I've decided this year that no matter what, my friends and family will be getting SOMETHING, if my life depends on it!  So I'm sure most of you know what that means.....Pinterest.

Ya know what's funny to me?  All these gift ideas say this is homemade, and this is do it yourself, and so on.  But guess what?  That wreath, or that whatever, may cost half the price of buying it, and it may be super cheap...but when I say I'm broke, I mean I'm BROKE.  I don't mean that that costs thirty bucks, and I only have fifteen, so I can buy the stuff to do it myself.  I mean I don't have fifteen bucks and if I did I would have to put gas in my car.  Seriously people!  Am I getting too personal?  It's okay.  I'm not ashamed of being broke.  I still look good.


No comments:

Post a Comment