Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Can you tell I'm a late night writer?

It should be obvious by now.  This is when I do my best studying, too.  Kate desperately wants in my lap, Mikey is spinning around making himself comfy in my lap, and just laid down and rested his head on my hand as I'm typing.  And Jordan is on the sofa doing her own thing.  These guys have so made the transition from girl that lives with her boyfriend to being 27 and living alone so much easier than I assume it would have been without them.  I honestly don't know what I would have done if I didn't have three little furry bodies anxiously waiting for me to wake up ever morning, and come home everyday from wherever.
With that being said, I have learned a lot about myself in the last two weeks since I've been officially living alone for the first time ever.
1.  I'm really a pretty clean and organized person...aka, it wasn't me that made the mess around here!  My apartment has stayed clean for two weeks!  I don't even think I've turned my stove on!
2.  Toilet paper lasts a lot longer when I'm the only one using it.
3.  It is so nice, let me emphasize that...IT IS SO NICE, to be able to watch whatever I want on tv.  I'm not going to lie, I enjoy watching tv, I probably watch more than I should, and some of it (most of it) may or may not be pure smut.  I don't have to share my tv with anyone, and for those of you that don't know, well, there isn't a nice way to say this-the ex was a tv hog.
4.  I've learned that moving in with a guy was (one of) the stupidest things I've ever decided to do.  I will not live with another guy until I am married!

I'm sure I've learned some other crap, too.  I'm torn between going all out on here, spilling my guts, and telling everyone that might possibly be nosey just what it's been like for the last three years all of my business, or not doing that.  Should I?  Well, for the sake of your boredom and time, I will sum it up.
I fell for the wrong guy.  Wrong in every way you can imagine.  He has a serious problem with alcohol, he cheated, he lied, he wouldn't work, he lied, he drank, he cheated, he lied.  Did I mention that he is incapable of telling the truth?  It totally sounds like I'm bashing him.  Maybe I am.  I'm not being emotional, just stating facts.  In case you don't know, I can be a tad stubborn.  I don't think I'm as bad as I used to be, but man, I used to be.  And everyone said I shouldn't move to Oklahoma City for this guy, so that's exactly what I did.
And I didn't know about all his less desirable qualities at first.  I found out little by little over the last three years.  I knew one day I would have enough, but I'm sure everyone else thought I'd just stay with him forever.  Well, I had enough back in September.
So.  Here I am.  Single, again!  But it's okay.  I have never felt more sure that God is going to send me THE perfect guy.  I already know what he will be like, I'm just waiting for God to introduce us.  I know that God knows what I need and what I want, and I truly believe that he will bless me with the love of my life.
Did you know that God can't bless you unless you let him?  That is the biggest lesson I have ever learned.
God could not bring me Mr. Right when Mr. Wrong was sitting on my couch.  Why would he?  I kept praying for three years, begging God to tell me what to do, tell me if I'm doing the right thing.  Should I be with him?  Is this a sign?  Well, he let me figure that out on my own, and now I fully believe that He is excited to give me what I've always wanted...a soul mate.
I think it's beautiful when people get married young, but lemme tell ya something.  As a 27 year old lady who is single, no kids, and has had one bad relationship after another, I believe that I will appreciate my husband in a way that people that haven't gone through all of that will never understand.  Almost like a woman who has had miscarriage after miscarriage appreciates her babies, EVERY mom does, but when you've lost one, its just different.  That may be a bad example, but it's all I've got.
So if you have a cute, smart, funny guy friend/brother/cousin/son/dad that is single, you have my permission to set us up.
I'm kidding about the dad part.   Unless he's rich.
Ha!

1 comment:

  1. For the record, this didn't load the first three times I clicked on it.

    I FOUND your perfect man! Merthin from World Without End...actually his real name is Tom Weston-Jones. I want you two to make pretty English babies! Just call him...

    ReplyDelete