Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

I hope everyone had an awesomely fun Halloween!  Yesterday morning my mom had surgery.  They had to put stints in both of the arteries coming out of her kidneys.  Everything went perfectly, and she even got to come home yesterday afternoon!  I am so thankful to God that everything went so well.  I couldn't ask for more!
Last night I worked at the mall, because that's where I work.  They had a mall trick or treating extravaganza.  OMG.  I bet I handed out five million pieces of candy.  It was a lot of fun but my back was killing me from bending over five million times because none of the kids would actually hold their bag up...they just let it drag on the ground...and I had to bend alllllllll the way down to get the candy in there.  Have I ever told you I dislike other people's children?  I'm a mean person.  Anyways, I saw so many cute costumes,  but I also saw some really sad, pitiful costumes.  Honestly, it was an eye opener.  I know that sounds silly, but hear me out.
I saw a kid, probably around eighteen months old, in an Easter bunny costume.  And it wasn't because they thought it would be funny or cute, sometimes you can just tell...and I could tell, that it was all they had.  I'm torn over this because it's sad, but then again....it makes me mad because its absolutely ridiculous.  I saw soooooo many kids that their "bag" was a pillow case and they were literally wearing street clothes, probably whatever they wore to school that day.  This angers me.  It angers me because honestly, not all, but most of the kids I saw like this had parents that looked like they could have done more.  Whatever happened to being creative?  Let me tell ya something...I have NO money.  If I had a kid right now, I would have no money for a costume.  But that's why I would have been thinking about this three months ago and I would have been looking at every website I can find, trying to find something that I can spend next to nothing on and guess what?  My kid would have had an adorable costume.  I guess it's possible that the kid didn't want to dress up, and in that case I would have said....if you are too old to dress up, you are too old to go.
I loved Halloween when I was a kid!  I just remember coming home with amazing amounts of candy.   Sometimes we just went on my street, sometimes mom took me to other neighborhoods, sometimes I went with a friend.  It was the most fun night of the year, except for Christmas Eve :).
So guess what?  It's November!  Not only is Christmas fast approaching, but my graduation is coming up.  I can't even tell you how excited I am.  I'm also so stressed out about it that I make myself sick, so that's all I'm going to say about it for now.
So, I'm going to try and post on here every day this month something that I am thankful for.  Today I am thankful that I am a Christian.  I know that is cheesy, but I'm serious.  I can't imagine never knowing or having a relationship with God.  I don't feel like I could live without that hope, faith, and guidance.  I feel for anyone that doesn't have a relationship with God and I pray for those people as well.  Can you imagine how much weight you would have on your shoulders if you didn't have God to lighten that burden?  The earth supposedly weighs about 6 septillion kilograms....you figure it out.
Happy November 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment